Senior Staff Engineer – Sensing Data Acquisition Vehicle Instrumentation Engineer
Áreas profesionales este puesto: Engineering & Design
Categoría de Trabajo: Product Design & Engineering-Engineering
Fecha de publicación: May 18, 2022
Marca: FCA Group
Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to create something new and original.
At Stellantis, we’re breaking with the past and launching a new software organization built from the ground up. The Stellantis Software organization (SWX) was established in 2021 and brings an entirely new vision to the driving experience. Our mission is to design the most captivating experiences in Mobility, bringing “tomorrow’s” tech innovations closer to today, everyday. If you’re ready to help lead this automotive technology transformation, we want to hear from you. Visit https://careers.fcagroup.com/nextgen/ to learn more.
Stellantis was founded in 2021 as the result of a merger between Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and PSA Groupe. For more information, visit: https://www.stellantis.com/en/company/about-us
The Stellantis Artificial Intelligence Operations and Algorithms team is recruiting a Senior Staff Engineer to work on Sensing Architecture & Ground Truth Instrumentation in our prototype vehicle test fleet. This is a hands on role working directly to design & build vehicles to collect high resolution raw sensor data using state of the art data logging systems. With your strong foundation in fundamental engineering principles, physics, and software development, you will make tangible contributions from day 1 in areas such as:
- Lidar, Radar, and Camera Instrumentation and Data Collection
- Visualization Application Development for Raw, object, and fused sensor data, path planning, and HD Map output
- Automotive Ethernet and CAN networking and Time Synchronization
- High Accuracy GNSS/IMU Ground Truth instrumentation and post-processing
- Lidar Ground Truth Rack instrumentation
- High-Bandwidth Data Logging Architecture Design and Implementation
- Trigger-Based Data Logging for AI Application Development
As part of the Stellantis Software Organization (SWX) you will develop vehicle instrumentation that will generate the high quality datasets used to develop cutting edge AI algorithms for environmental perception and path planning. You will work closely with other engineers and scientists creating the foundation of the Stellantis 14 Brand AI portfolio.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience
- Experience with automotive electronics integration, data collection, or networking
- Experience with automotive camera/radar/lidar integration or calibration
- Experience working on vehicle electronics, building computers, or collecting and handling large amounts of data
- Hands-on prototyping and building capability, from mechanical to electrical to software
- Proficient in one or more of the following tools: CAD, Vector Canoe, Python, C++, ROS, Wireshark, Linux command line
- Good communication skills
- A Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Previous work experience on the area, including internships
- Passionate about Autonomous Vehicles and robotics
Nuestro programa de recompensas totales refleja nuestro compromiso para ayudarle a lograr todo lo posible, desde un punto de vista personal y profesional. Esto incluye una variedad de prestaciones y ofertas diseñadas para cuidar de usted y de su familia en distintas etapas de la vida.
Para nosotros es una prioridad proporcionarle lo que necesita para tener una carrera satisfactoria, un estilo de vida saludable y un futuro placentero. Al ser una empresa global, nuestros paquetes para empleados varían según el país, las normas habituales y la entidad jurídica que lo haya contratado.