Estimating Specialist – Powertrain & General Assembly
Aree professionali: Engineering & Design
Categoria: Proposals & Estimating
Data di pubblicazione: July 13, 2020
Condividi questo lavoro
The Estimating Specialist for Propulsion & Powertrain Assembly is responsible for accurately forecasting the cost of projects by analyzing and compiling the cost factors, as well as creating quotation packages using process documentation, written specifications and design layouts.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Prepare Powertrain & General Assembly estimates used by management for purposes such as Sales quotations, planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- For each aspect of an estimate understand whether a previously applied cost is appropriate, what modifications may be required and if necessary generate a new cost from first principles i.e. raw material cost plus labor hours
- Be knowledgeable on how data from similar projects or historical information can be used to compile an accurate estimate when all the data is not available or time does not permit.
- Be able to evaluate that the defined technical content is accurate and be able to highlight where items or other cost drivers have been missed or over stated.
- Manage cost database from which data for new estimates can be extracted. Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hours and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Confer with engineers, purchasing, project managers, management, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel from other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements, to support a management decision on whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components. (Make or buy analysis)
- Develop estimates to support changes to the scope of a project, and conduct negotiations with the customer or other vendors as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Reports to:
Role will report directly to Commercial Platform Director and will collaborate closely with Proposal Team Leader(s)
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic CAD skills and the ability to navigate system layouts and process flows.
- A very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite tools.
- Knowledge in Propulsion and Powertrain Assembly production processes, costs, and other techniques for maximizing effective manufacturing and cost solutions.
- Knowledge of mechanical design complexity, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in within a production automation system organization as an Estimating Specialist.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical field
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically (0 — 20%)
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Estimating, Engineering or Manufacturing within a production automation system solution organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical field
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Il nostro programma di total reward riflette il nostro impegno nell’aiutarti a raggiungere qualsiasi traguardo possibile, sia a livello personale che professionale. La nostra priorità è quella di fornire gli strumenti necessari per avere una carriera soddisfacente, uno stile di vita salutare e un futuro migliore. Essendo un’azienda globale, i nostri pacchetti per dipendenti possono variare in base al paese, alle consuetudini locali e alla specifica società presso la quale sei assunto.