The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for designing and developing displays for future model year vehicles. The Senior Product Engineer will integrate next generation LCD, multi-media, and consumer electronic technologies. The Senior Product Engineer will also be responsible for product development and release of in-vehicle display products for infotainment applications for all global markets. The individual will facilitate validation and support vehicle production launches.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help in defining product and associated specifications
- Develop DVPR
- Conduct Failure Mode Effects Analysis FMEA Handle various aspects of cost, quality, timing, feasibility, packaging, execution, warranty, etc.
- Manage suppliers
- Proactively drive and deliver quality
- Stay current on LCD technology and help in developing and maintaining product roadmap and standardizing displays globally within our corporation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 5 years of experience from any industry in display technology
- Systems Engineering experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Mechanical and Electrical Integration
- Knowledgeable of Requirements Documentation and Definition
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams
- Able to root cause issues and analyze data with corrective actions.
- Experience with Failure Mode Effects Analysis FMEA
- Willingness to work and grow in automotive industry
- Master’s in engineering or Science
- Experience in optics from any industry
- Design and Release experience
- Experience with exposure to infotainment, connectivity, or consumer electronics
- Knowledgeable of vehicular electrical architectures
- Knowledgeable of vehicular networks: CAN/Ethernet
- DFSS or Reactive Problem-Solving process familiarity
- Knowledge of Teamcenter or equivalent CAD tools
- Understanding of vehicle interiors, and mechanics thereof
- Able to act decisively within a team
- Strategic out-of-the-box thinker
- A passion for technology
- Knowledge of Quality Methods and tools (DFSS)
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.