The FCA Advanced On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) System Engineer will have the opportunity to research and develop new OBD strategies for various propulsion systems. This opportunity includes investigating improvements to current FCA OBD strategies, as well as, creating OBD strategies on our exciting future product portfolio. The Advanced On-Board Diagnostic Systems Engineer will be able to develop and demonstrate proof of concept solutions using MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow in combination with, prototype vehicles or engine dynamometers to verify their own ideas and concepts. Engineers on the advanced OBD team have the ability to choose the tools/support they need to demonstrate new concepts in the most efficient manner. Projects will include investigation and research all types of engine systems including combustion, after treatment, hybrid, evaporative and controls. The Engineer will also have the ability to steer the direction of future product development and research at FCA. This position will provide excellent access to the latest R&D techniques and tools, as well as, providing the successful engineer with a skill set that is highly prized in today’s automotive workforce. The ideal candidate will have a background in any area of propulsion system design, control or calibration and will be able to apply that knowledge to on-board diagnostics.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Chemical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Software Engineering
- 2 years of experience using MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow for OBD, HEV, Calibration or engine control system design
- Proficient using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with propulsion system controls, calibration or diagnostics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and business acumen
- Self-motivated/proactive with strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database applications
- 10+ years of experience in OBD calibration, engine calibration, OBD Controls or engine controls within the gasoline or diesel industry
- GT power, Axisuite, INCA, Minitab, Doors, C and Visual Basic experience
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.