The Electrified Powertrain On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Supervisor will lead the OBD calibration staff to insure the electrified diagnostic calibrations are certified according to the schedule, meet regulatory compliance and minimize the warranty costs for each hybrid component or system. He/she will identify system requirements during system hardware design to insure a robust diagnostic system. Electrified powertrain applications include plug-in hybrid, battery electric, and 48-volt mild hybrid powertrains.
The Electrified OBD Calibration Supervisor will plan the vehicle and labor resources and diagnostic calibration and validation testing activities to insure the objectives and timing deliverables are met. He/she will review the passing and failing data populations to quantify the variability of each diagnostic strategy on the electrified powertrain applications. The Supervisor will provide program status updates at various meetings and quality gates. He/she will also be responsible for validating the calibrations according to the design verification plan and address field issues. The candidate should expect to travel 2 – 4 weeks throughout the year for system validation and verification.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 8 years of engineering experience in powertrain systems
- Minimum 3 years of calibration experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with hybrid electric vehicles
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of engines and engine control systems
- Working knowledge of diagnostic analysis and calibration tools, emissions development, and engine technologies with demonstrated influence over diagnostic software controls development
- Experience collecting and processing data utilizing advanced data acquisition systems such as ETAS INCA and or MATLAB
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Masters of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Over 8 years of experience in powertrain systems development
- Engine and engine control system experience working with electrified applications
- Calibration experience on hybrid diagnostics, gasoline engines, or OBD systems
- Experience with proactive/reactive quality (DFSS, DFMEA, DVP&R, etc.)
- Calibration process knowledge using design of experiments and advanced optimization techniques
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.