The FCA Powertrain organization is currently seeking a Senior Gasoline On Board Diagnostic (OBD) Calibration Engineer to join the team at the Chelsea Proving Grounds in Chelsea, Michigan. The Senior Gasoline On Board Diagnostic (OBD) Calibration Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing best practice calibration solutions and performing diagnostic verification testing. This individual will manage all technical aspects of the OBD diagnostic calibrations to meet CARB regulations, identify system requirements during system hardware design to insure a robust diagnostic system, and use standard instrumentation toolsets for data acquisition, storage, and analysis. He/she will calibrate diagnostic thresholds to meet CARB regulations, develop and track calibration solutions that meet system functional objectives and identify system requirements during system hardware design to insure a robust diagnostic system. The Senior Gasoline On Board Diagnostic (OBD) Calibration Engineer will incorporate Design for Six Sigma best practices to optimize system designs, and provide regular overview summaries and detailed reports on specific assignments, including timing projections. The candidate should expect to travel 2 – 4 weeks throughout the year for system validation/verification.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in powertrain systems calibration development, OBD calibration, engine calibration or transmission calibration
- Experience with ETAS INCA, MATLAB or equivalent advanced data acquisition systems
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to successfully work in a team setting and independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Hardware in the loop development / verification
- Database management of production calibrations
- Understanding of CARB regulations
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.