The Ergo Switch Design Release Engineer is responsible for the design and development of hardwired and LIN based ergo switches. The engineer will be required to interface with Product Design Office and to run a development schedule to keep deliverables on time. Responsible for creating and managing change notices for product changes and coordinate all validation with platforms and suppliers on all new feature development and customer satisfaction improvements. The candidate requires an understanding of the DVP&R Process, as well as the DFMEA and Tooling Kick-Off, S/W validation a plus, environmental and EMC testing knowledge a must. The Ergo Switch Product Release Engineer is also responsible for reviewing defects from FCA and supplier validation teams and scheduling corrective actions. Participate in ride and drives with supplier and other FCA departments to validate the product. The candidate will travel to component and vehicle assembly plants at both FCA and the supplier to participate in design and manufacturing reviews.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science from an ABET accredited program
- 3 years automotive component release or related engineering experience,
- Experience in releasing electrical systems and components into automotive manufacturing environment
- Program management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- FCA / EEDP releasing experience
- FCA Vehicle Electrical Systems understanding
- Ergo switch (electromechanical) development and release
- CAN & LIN Bus messaging
- Ability to trouble shoot and root cause complex vehicle system issues
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.