The Cockpit Product Design Engineer must have experience in the development of cockpit components and will drive the engineering design process for both inside design and co-design programs. The selected candidate will be responsible to design, release, and validation cockpit systems and components. The Engineer will lead the process from inception through launch. The selected candidate must be an energetic leader that proposes feasible solutions and leads the team through the product development process, and must be knowledgeable in development of DFMEA, DVP&R, and validation plans. Previous OEM, supplier, FCA, NX, Teamcenter and FCA business system experience is highly desirable. Problem solving and DFSS experience is necessary.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree, from an ABET accredited university
- At least 3 years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of product development for cockpit systems in one or more areas below:
- Instrument panel systems and components
- Console system and components
- Door trim systems and components
- Cross car beam structures (steel welded assemblies and/or cast structures)
- CAD software such as NX, Teamcenter, FCA business system experience
- Knowledgeable in development of DFMEA, DVP&R, and validation plans
- Knowledge of tooling (injection molding, blow molding, foaming, stamping)
- MS Office experience
- Self-Starter with ability to lead and direct a cross-functional team
- Energetic leader
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent Engineering degree
- Previous OEM / Supplier / FCA experience is highly desirable
- Problem solving credits and/or DFSS greenbelt certification
- Hands on experience with design, release and manufacturing of cockpit components
- Experience in Injection molding, blow molding, foaming process and/or stamping experience
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.