System Engineer – Infotainment & Display System
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Research & Development
Date Posted: October 31, 2019
Share this job
Product Development – Electrical/Electronics / Electrical Architecture Integration
Within the Electrical/Electronic Systems department (Architecture and Integration area) reporting to System Responsible E/E Architecture and Software Management, the System Engineer will take the responsibility for the definition of Infotainment and Connectivity System requirements and for the harmonization of strategies and functions provided by EMS / component suppliers. He will write the vehicle function documents which contain high level requirements for the system.
The System Engineer is responsible for the complete V-cycle development for the assigned Subsystem. The Engineer is also responsible for confirming that the subsystem meets the defined requirements prior to delivery to the customer.
- Control requirements collection from stakeholders and specification to suppliers
- Define Vehicle functions contents in according with functional Objectives and Product Intents
- Participation in the development activities of specific electrical components in different technical scope:
- Analyze the specification change request collaborating with validation team
- Write detailed system specifications for infotainment: Radio, Cluster and Display features
- Assist with management of multiple hardware and software suppliers to deliver new infotainment features on time, on cost, and within quality and functional specifications, including diagnostic and service functions
- Support to calibration activities, including the development of specific methodologies and tools
- Test road cars with the latest features and content before release
- Assist with fault finding and root cause analysis of software and hardware failures
- Management of change requests including the identification of issues with potential impact on technical results
- Particapate to SW Planning to assure that any Change request can honor requirements that system engineer has disgned
- Working towards a Masters of Electrical Engineering, Systems, of Computer Science or related fields
- Proven knowledge + expertise, and passion for automotive electrical systems design, and wiring harness design
- Familiarity with with requirements definition, the V development cycle
- Experience or understanding of CAN, Ethernet, and LIN, ECU development, Doors, Pin out, Electrical Schematic, Diagnosis, SW development
- knowledge of AutoSAR, and agile product development
- Change Management Process
- A diverse skillset including strong organizational skills and MS Office abilities
- A wide range of experience with basic project management experience, electronics, rapid prototyping, programming.
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- 1+ years of experience in automotive engineering
- Strong analytical skills and vehicle architecture competence
- Fundamental understanding of embedded systems and process standards, e.g. ISO 26262
- Experience with architecture design tools, e.g. Vector , as well as rapid prototyping and simulation tools and equipment and Doors
- Fundamental understanding of electrical and mechanical systems, sensors, actuators and ECUs
- Ability to manage the balancing act of optimizing performance while also maintaining quality, reliability and cost awareness
- Understand worldwide regulations and their architectural design impact
- Creativity in your design
- Motivation to make a difference in the automotive industry
· Electric vehicle systems experience
· Cloud-based services and application experience
· Cluster and Display SW and Requirements development
- University Degree: Electronic Engineering or equivalent;
- Industry: Automotive (preferably experienced at Premium carmakers or automotive tier- 1 companies);
- Fluency in English
- Advanced knowledge of Windows (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Project);
- Able to work in high pressure context;
- Highly organized. Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong flexibility;
- Advanced knowledge of Dianalyzer, CANanalyzer, IBM Rational Doors, Polarion;
- Experience in automotive field;
- Self-starting and self-motivated to deliver excellence
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within a team environment.
- Good analytical, written and oral presentation skills
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.