The Throughput and Simulation Manager is responsible for supervising and directing a team of simulation engineers and Database Developers in the vehicle assembly division of FCA. A qualified candidate will study the plant equipment layouts, gather all the pertinent data required for simulation and Throughput to accurately identify bottleneck areas. The Throughput and Simulation Manager is also responsible for compiling and presenting reports explaining the outputs from the studies to the leadership.
Major responsibilities of the position:
- Provide targeted direction to the Simulation Engineers to identify potential throughput issues as early in the program as possible, track and improve timing of results.
- Drive Throughput Performance for the Assembly division by providing weekly E-Walls for each plant and targeted information to help attack top issues.
- Assist and direct the Throughput team during upgrades and the addition of new features to the Standard E-wall.
- Provide technical knowledge by developing and testing new code to alleviate programming road blocks.
- Provide technical direction to optimize programming code enhancing user experience while using the E-walls.
- Set direction for future reporting tools including real time reports; work with ICT to design and implement upgrades to current systems and development of new creative tools.
- Work with the plants to standardize throughput charts and reduce the need to create extra reports.
- Ensure Throughput simulations are correlated between digital and actual.
- Measure Simulation timing from start to finish; develop strategies to improve delivery and feedback of current status to stakeholders.
- Develop advanced Throughput Systems (E-Wall 2.0) to continue to improve Throughput.
- Create accurate Throughput Simulation Models while challenging the CoC’s to improve Machine Availability on critical machines.
- Set direction to incorporate latest technology advances, including AI into our daily routines.
- Provide guidance to our developers to enhance data intelligence and prediction.
- Develop automated reports for customers to keep them notified on activities that we monitor.
- Ensure data quality in the Throughput database and make essential corrections and updates.
- Collect data and extract data from the data lake, PFS, EWALL and FIS for reporting, using querying techniques.
- Enhance SQL queries to better align data with losses, normalize data to be presented in a concise and targeted format.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with Simulation Software
- 10+ years of experience working for automotive assembly plants
- Prior experience supervising and directing engineers and/or professional level employees
- Experience in developing, reading and understanding technical drawings and layouts
- Knowledge of the maintenance aspects of the equipment
- Ability to understand and interpret simulation models for large-sized simulation projects such as a vehicle assembly plant
- Knowledge of all the inputs required to build an accurate simulation model
- Ability to gather and analyze downtime data to calculate inputs for simulation models
- Ability to work with others on project timelines and resource management planning to successfully implement complex projects
- Must be self-motivated, customer-driven team player, able to develop close customer relations to best understand requirements and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Expert with Factory Information Systems software (FIS)
- Experience with data mining and analytics
- Creative problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Experience with AutoMod and Plant Sim simulation software
- Experience working with Microsoft Access database Experience with Visual Basic programming language
- Prior experience working in a vehicle assembly plant
- Cloud computing and data storage technology, such as BigQuery and Redshift
- Proficient in ETL (extract, transform, load)
- Data visualization, including tools such as Qlik
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.