Estimating Specialist – Powertrain & General Assembly
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Proposals & Estimating
Date Posted: January 14, 2020
Share this job
The Estimating Specialist for Powertrain & General Assembly is responsible for accurately forecast the cost of projects by analyzing and compiling the cost factors, as well as creating quotation packages using process documentation, written specifications and design layouts.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Prepare Powertrain & General Assembly estimates used by management for purposes such as Sales quotations, planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- For each aspect of an estimate understand whether a previously applied cost is appropriate, what modifications may be required and if necessary generate a new cost from first principles i.e. raw material cost plus labor hours
- Be knowledgeable on how data from similar projects or historical information can be used to compile an accurate estimate when all the data is not available or time does not permit.
- Be able to evaluate that the defined technical content is accurate and be able to highlight where items or other cost drivers have been missed or over stated.
- Manage cost database from which data for new estimates can be extracted. Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hours and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Confer with engineers, purchasing, project managers, management, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel from other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements, to support a management decision on whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components. (Make or buy analysis)
- Develop estimates to support changes to the scope of a project, and conduct negotiations with the customer or other vendors as required.
Reports to: Manager of Estimating
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- High School diploma, GED or the equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing automation system experience as an Estimating Specialist.
- Basic CAD skills and the ability to navigate system layouts and process flows.
- A very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite tools.
- Knowledge in Powertrain and General Assembly production processes, costs, and other techniques for maximizing effective manufacturing and cost solutions.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically (0 — 20%)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical field
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.