Join the global Communications team trusted with building and protecting the reputation of a proven leader in the global automotive industry. At FCA, we are looking for a creative, passionate and energetic internal communications professional to support global change and lead editorial direction of North American internal communication efforts.
A key position in the Internal Communications team, the Internal Communications Editorial Manager is responsible for setting editorial direction for the North America region using a suite of technologies to educate and engage employees. The ideal candidate is a proven leader and results-oriented story teller who will support the transition to a new global employee portal.
The candidate will work closely with all company organizations including the Internal Manufacturing Communications team and plant communicators to identify story telling opportunities aligned with company objectives. They also will heighten engagement in the organization by increasing employee understanding of how their individual work plays a key role in achieving company goals. As Editorial Manager, the ideal candidate will strategize what, when and how content should be covered to best align and support company objectives.
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong writer, editor, planner with ability to create stories that engage employees
- Uses new technologies to improve employee communication
- Can-do attitude and a sense of urgency in a fast paced, corporate environment
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and make key decisions
- Proven leader with experience in project management — must be detail oriented and have excellent time management skills
- Experience managing direct reports with excellent team building skills
- Must think globally and value diversity
- Proven ability to work with people at all levels of the company
- Experience developing Internal Communications programs for both union and non-union employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Communications or a similar media or PR field
- Proven experience in Internal Communications
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Communications
- Working knowledge of media relations in a large company a plus
- Experience managing employee intranet including content creation (preferably in WordPress or LumApps)
- Active participation in and knowledge of social media and social networking sites/tools
- Experience in automotive other major industry communications
- Experience working with union and salary populations
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.