Interns are hired based on the candidate’s background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the organization and allow the Intern to take responsibility for a major task, resulting in a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution. In addition, Interns will experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. They will learn the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses.
Summer Internships are primarily located at the FCA Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, other facilities in the Detroit metropolitan area, and business centers located throughout the country. Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. During the internship, interns will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed specifically to enhance their knowledge of FCA, our products and the Metro Detroit area.
The 2021 Communications Internship will be fast-paced, project-oriented and give an Intern the opportunity to own projects from start to finish. An Intern will experience personal growth and development by contributing to challenging projects with specific goals.
Communications Interns will provide support for the organization in the following areas:
- Write and edit news releases, fact sheets and content for internal communications
- Manage photo shoots and video projects
- Assist with executive interviews
- Cover Company events, including conducting interviews, taking photos and shooting/editing video
- Coordinate and support events, including employee events, manufacturing programs and media drive programs
- Coordinate competitive research projects
- Manage and produce clip reports
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, or related field
- Completion of Sophomore year at an accredited college or university by summer of 2021
- Strong interest in automotive industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Computer proficient (including spreadsheet, word processing and database applications)
- Proven ability to demonstrate solid judgment and flexibility; thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in G Suite applications
- Must have strong working knowledge of Internet search tools to find requested information quickly, with minimum direction
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)
- College/university third or fourth year student or graduate
- Excellent writing and editing skills, photography and graphics skills, video writing/production skills, on-line content management tool familiarity, database management skill
- High interpersonal communication skills with a willingness to learn from every experience
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs), ability to operate a small video camera such as a FLIP, some experience using consumer-level video editing programs (iMovie or Adobe Elements)
- Ability to travel as needed
- Previous internship experience
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.