Lead ICT employees on responsible shift/crew and ensure support for infrastructure and production processes at FCA Assembly/Stamping/Powertrain plants for all corporate applications that are critical to meeting the objectives of manufacturing while minimizing lost production due to ICT-related issues. Deliver seamless continuity between transition of shifts. Coordinate all plant related ICT activities, including facilitation of on roll and contract workers, and being the local single ICT point of focus for manufacturing. Interface to plant management, ICT support team, and corporate ICT senior leadership for assigned crew/shift.
The functions and associated responsibilities of this position impact Assembly/Stamping/Powertrain Manufacturing and ICT locally at the plant on a daily basis. ICT Plant crew lead ensures a stable and robust environment for our manufacturing business partners through prioritization and delegation of activities.
– Scope includes day to day manufacturing production support, ensuring successful operation of ICT systems and execution of tasks by being the primary interface with local plant management including Manufacturing, Production Control, Human Resources, Quality and WCM Team.
– Facilitate activities of the local ICT site staff across designated shift which support critical applications and devices for manufacturing. Allocating tasks and projects, based on need and skill sets. Assign daily duties to local staff members; assist training of new employees and supplemental workers as needed. Interface with other Crew/Shift Leads to ensure seamless transition and successful task carry-over between shifts.
– Assist in execution of daily tasks and ICT activities to support plant needs and requests. Ensure plant readiness at the start of responsible shift, continue carry-over work from/to other shifts, and report on critical issues to local and senior leadership. Take lead role in incident management.
– Enforce ICT Governance by maintaining ICT standards and guidelines within the local ICT infrastructure. Ensuring that all technologies that are incorporated into the physical environment are approved, for use. Insure that change control and change management processes are followed for all changes. Insure that service performance agreements are met, and issues are escalated as appropriate.
– Coach and develop shift crew through skills assessment/evaluation. Provide input for PLM Goals and evaluations for responsible crew.