Field Quality Diagnostic Specialist – E/E Components & SW
Career Area: Quality
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: February 19, 2021
Share this job
Join Maserati Quality dept!
We’re looking for an E/E Component & SW Diagnostic Specialist for our Customer Satisfaction & Field Quality dept.
The role reports directly to Customer Satisfaction & Field Quality Manager and is responsible for diagnosis and problem solving for the vehicle’s Chassis perimeters, in collaboration with other Quality functions, Aftersales, Supplier Quality and Product Development.
The Customer Satisfaction & Field Quality supports Vehicle Line Quality managers to achieve customer satisfaction objectives and warranty competitive target, leading the diagnostic activities to solve customer issues coming from field after the vehicle launch.
- Continuous analysis of internal and external indicators in order to identify or prevent potential emerging issues
- Define the diagnostic plans with the collaboration of the supporting functions
- Perform physical analysis on claimed components and vehicles to fully understand phenomena claimed by customers
- Define additional activities needed to support root cause identifications (i.e plant visit, dealer inspection, check list definition)
- Lead issue investigation activities for the root cause identification, coordinating progress meetings
- Support the definition of containment and permanent corrective actions.
- Report on a weekly and monthly base progresses to the management
- Monitoring indicators after corrective action implementation in order to confirm robustness and effectiveness
- Collaborate with Field Early Warning Team to support the launch of new products
- Support future project through lesson learnt reports
- Warranty occurrences (C/1000)
- Customer surveys (Things gone wrong)
- Time to Fix (TTF)
- Education: Automotive or Electronic Engineering (Master's Degree preferred)
- Seniority: 2+ years working experience (Automotive sector preferred)
- Familiarity with quality measurement methodology, warranty analysis, and third party metrics;
- Advanced knowledge of vehicle’s electrical networks, control units, electrical circuits and ability to read wiring diagrams
- Basic Knowledge of automotive scan tools
- Knowledge of problem solving methodologies
- Fluency in Italian and English;
- Computer skills/Software: Good knowledge of GSuite and MS Office, especially Excel;
- Analytical mindset;
- High aptitude to lead multifunctional team, planning definition and reporting;
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner technical topics at all level of the organization
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.