Validation Test Engineer
Career Area: Information Technology
Job Category: Information Technology-Information Communication Technology
Position Type: Salary
Date Posted: May 10, 2022
Brand: FCA Group
Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to start from the ground up and build something great. We are looking for technology game changers to lead Stellantis into a fundamental transformation within the automotive industry. Technology is going to disrupt the automotive industry significantly in the next decade and our organization is seeking high potential candidates to digitally transform the company with a focus on the customer experience.
Stellantis Software Organization (SWx) was established to build the most captivating experiences in the latest frontier of Automotive Technology. As part of that foundation, we are seeking a leader for the SW Vehicle Platforms as the basis for our next generation architecture. The individual should be an experienced technical engineer, has the ability to develop a strong competent team that can work laterally and across multiple meta functions. The team will be global and will support all Stellantis applications utilizing the Agile methodology.
The responsibilities of the Connected Vehicle – Validation Engineer, include but are not limited to the following: Create test plans defining scope, timeline, feature list and validation approach.
Review daily/weekly changes in requirements, user stories, change requests to create and update test cases. Execute API tests using Postman/Swagger and other tests using ECU simulation, test benches, and vehicles. Create and update defects in defect management systems, including detail for version, steps to recreate, expected and actual result, log files are required. Execute weekly defect retesting and root cause analysis for identified issues. Update test status report daily with test results, identified issues.
Contribute to team training material, engage in cross team development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Science Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program
- 3 years of demonstrated connected vehicle/infotainment development or validation experience
- Experience with creating Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), management of Bug reports and Test reporting
- The candidate should have experience with 2 or more hardware level debugging and logging tools namely Vector CANoe, Vehicle Spy, MobaXterm, DLT Logging, Graylog, and Splunk
- Prior experience in Automotive, Telematics, Infotainment, Connected Vehicle domains
- Demonstrated validation experience with Mobile/Web/API technologies
- Ability to collaborate effectively with global teams
- Ability to drive completeness, accuracy, and quality in completion of deliverables
- Excellent communication skills to explain the issues/status to management
- Detail-oriented and possess exceptional written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Master’s degree in Electrical and Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree
- Ability to update the Telematics module/Radio and any other ECUs firmware using CAN/CDA/Platform flash
- Ability to write test scripts using Vehicle Spy/CAN to simulate and execute in vehicle related tests on the Bench Top testers
- Ability to analyze any ECU client logs, CAN logs and report issues effectively
- Experience working with automotive ECU modules
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.