Value Optimization Cost Analyst
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Product Design & Engineering-Engineering
Position Type: Salary
Date Posted: June 22, 2022
Brand: FCA Group
The Value Optimization Cost Analyst is responsible for planning, validating, and implementing cost reduction ideas to meet the value optimization savings target by vehicle.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with engineers, suppliers, vehicle integration, purchasing, quality, finance, etc. on thorough evaluation, validation and presentation of recommended ideas and their associated business cases
- Summarize vehicle level savings including potential at vehicle level
- Generate and organize ideas for vehicle level proposals
- Partner with program manager and model responsible to schedule implementation of value optimization ideas
- Key to this position is an understanding and adherence to key product development principles and processes such as: functional objectives, DFMEA, DVP&R and an understanding of corporate and competitive products from a benchmarking, read across and best practice perspective
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, e.g., product design, vehicle line quality, supplier quality, manufacturing, finance, vehicle integration, purchasing, brand, planning, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter that is highly motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to present cost savings ideas/business cases to senior management
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of Shainin Red X or other reactive quality tools
- Knowledge in Design for Six Sigma or other proactive quality tools
- Experience with lean product development
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.