FCA US LLC (“FCA US” or “Company”) is a subsidiary of Stellantis N.V. — a leading global automaker and mobility provider with an iconic brand portfolio that includes Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Maserati, Fiat, Peugeot, and Alfa Romeo. FCA US is seeking an experienced, talented, and motivated Senior Counsel to join the Environmental group in the Office of General Counsel. The Environmental group offers a team-oriented, collegial environment where lawyers have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of matters. This is a remote opportunity. The Senior Counsel — Environmental will provide legal support to a variety of internal clients, but primarily to Environment, Health & Safety (“EHS”), Vehicle Environmental Compliance (“VEC”), Public Affairs, Regulatory Development, and Propulsion Systems.
This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment, deliver as a way of life, and inspire to make a positive impact. They must exercise sound judgment and have excellent communication skills. They also must be able to work independently, drive decisions to consensus, and influence change.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Counsel EHS corporate and plant staff to effectively manage environmental regulatory matters for the Company’s manufacturing facilities
- Advise the VEC team on interpretation of regulations governing vehicle emissions, vehicle certification, fuel economy, and substances of concern
- Partner with the Company’s Mergers and Acquisitions and Real Estate teams on environmental components of transactional matters
- Negotiate and draft environmental provisions of transactional documents; evaluate environmental risks associated with transactions
- Analyze environmental regulatory and legislative proposals for the Regulatory Development and Public Policy organizations; draft comments, advocating on behalf of the Company
- Manage judicial and administrative environmental and health and safety litigation, including the defense of the Company against agency enforcement actions
- Work with outside counsel on compliance and litigation matters
- Juris Doctor Degree with a strong academic background
- A minimum of 7 years of legal environmental experience
- Solid understanding and experience in environmental and health and safety law
- Admitted or able to gain admission to practice law in Michigan
- Undergraduate degree in physical sciences, engineering or technical field, or similar knowledge obtained through employment
- Experience with Title II of the Clean Air Act, California vehicle emission regulations, and fuel economy regulations
- Law firm or in-house counsel experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to critical deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.