ADAS Specialist – Driver Assistance System and Passive Safety
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Research & Development
Date Posted: January 9, 2019
Share this job
E/E – ADAS
The ADAS Specialist – Driver Assistance System and Passive Safety – is the technical expert for camera and radar based assistance systems such as Adaptive Cruise control, Collision mitigation systems or lane keep assist and passive safety systems, such as airbag, within the Electrical/Electronic System team.
- Defining, within the concept phase, the technical component and systems needs and creating the functional objectives for driver assistance and passive safety contents of a new vehicle application
- Supporting the system engineering during the design reviews, ensuring that the functional objectives are reflected by the specifications
- Defining the technical performance requirements for the specific application, taking into account the specific application on data fusion as well between camera and radar systems, homologation requirements, EURONCAP Assessment protocol Safety assist and specific market needs
- During the development phase for a new application, acting as the technical reference for all involved parties, e.g. Chassis or Vehicle integration department, Restraints evaluating and defining all necessary activities and strategy of integration and validation of the driver assistance systems and functions
- Defining the overall verification and validation plan for the driver assistance and passive safety systems, starting from bench test, HMI test until vehicle application and verification requirements
- Supporting the Project Chief for all technical matters related to the driver assistance systems, within the team and towards suppliers
- Being a point of reference within the Company and the Group for topics like Functional Safety & Standardization for driver assistance components and systems
- Master's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in electronic components development and understanding of automotive component development lifecycle and related requirements
- Technical background on radar and video based sensors and their application for driver assistance systems
- Requirement engineering, Test Engineering, Functional Safety (basic) knowledge will be a plus
- Good knowledge of DOORS, CANOe, MS Office Suite
- Good command of the English language
- Efficient communication, team-working and analytical skills
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.