Come join our FCA Vehicle Safety and Regulatory Compliance (VSRC) Team where we are committed to doing what’s best for our customers. Be a part of a team filled with bright, resourceful and determined employees who play a vital role in FCA regulatory development, certification and compliance activities.
We’re looking for people who thrive in a fast paced environment, deliver as a way of life and are inspired to make a positive impact.
Team members are expected to establish effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners. Sound judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must.
The Product Investigations Powertrain Supervisor position will:
- Supervise four product investigators focused on powertrain (engine, transmission, driveline) related investigations
- Support vehicle safety product investigations, strategies and processes within NAFTA and across the global region
- Be accountable for the initiation and support of field actions, and provide technical expertise, communication and coordination of their team’s activities
- Lead special project and workshops in support of the vehicle safety group’s continuous initiatives
- Support the manager, director and key stakeholders to determine and compile relevant information to be shared at Investigation Steering Group (ISG) meetings, Vehicle Regulatory Committee (VRC) meetings, town halls, team events and staff meetings
Day to day activities include:
- Work with internal teams (e.g., engineering, manufacturing, quality, service and legal) to gather critical data as part of the investigation
- Lead interactions with internal and external teams to find root cause and determine corrective action plans
- Search and analyze field data from corporate databases to support investigative work
- Prepare documents, reports, presentations and demonstrations for discussions with management and/or governmental agencies
- Maintain thorough and complete records on internal databases
- Obtain components and technical information from subject matter experts necessary to support analysis
- Perform supervisor duties in support of the powertrain Investigations team
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or another related technical field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 8 years of engineering experience
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Technical background with strong project management skills
- Master’s degree
- Full understanding of the organization’s structure, processes, goals and responsibilities
- Strong leadership behaviors to lead high level and large group initiatives
- Strategic, big picture vision and able to make tough calls
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Supervisory experience
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.