Career Area: Manufacturing & Production
Job Category: Project Management & Site Management
Date Posted: February 11, 2019
Share this job
Under general direction of either a Portfolio Manager or a Senior Project Manager, the PM manages all aspects of the project, to meet profitability and financial targets, delivering products and services in line with customer needs and within timing expectations, and the long-term success of the organization.
The PM manages project teams consisting of cross-functional team members; defines and communicates clear project deliverables and performance targets; manages all aspects of customer relationships and ensure overall satisfaction to the contractual deliverable.
He manages with the project team the completion of activities to assure quality, profitability and timing targets of the project.
• Accountable for Profitability, Timing and Quality of projects
• Evaluate and completely understand contractual deliverables, in content and contractual obligations.
• Scope management: builds the project Work Breakdown Structure, to ensure that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully.
• Change management: develop ECs with clear cost, delivery impact, and expiration date. Negotiate ECs securing customer concurrence, in cost scope and delivery.
• Maintain timely budget updates based on scope of work changes, optimizing project execution improvements.
• Manage Cost Budget and given Cost targets
• Time management (schedule): formulate a detailed execution-timing plan, including critical path timing, mitigation timing plans, with constant updating, improvement, and follow-up.
• Risk management: identify risk and opportunities, and develop risk mitigation plans and actions plans to realize opportunities.
• Managing/coordinating the project team (people assigned to the Project by the other departments)
• Team Building and Coaching: facilitate and develop a productive and cohesive project team, manage conflict resolution.
• Manage all customer communication including but not restricted to, phone conversation note’s meeting minutes, documenting and communicating all appropriate verbal communication, customer runoff documentation, cost information, Engineering Changes (ECs) content cost and schedule impact, customer timing reporting, open issues lists and actions.
• Integrate in the project team the activity of the Technical Leader, Supply Chain Leader, Site Manager and other team members, for an effective management of the customer technical reviews, buyoffs, procurement process and site activities.
• Pursue Customer satisfaction
• Manage accounts receivable totals related to project and minimize overdue.
• Monitor project activities for compliance to company policies and processes. Manage and maintain master project documentation or project binder in real time.
Knowledge and skills
• Multicounty projects
• Multicultural Teams Management
• PM International experience (preference)
• Customer Management
• Financial, economics, contract, legal and operational aspects of EPC projects and programs
• PM Communication and presentation skills; public speaking
• PM Negotiation skills
• PLM GPS System
• PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification from PMI is highly appreciated
Customer service skills an asset.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably)
A minimum of 3-5 years of previous work experience (including experience on site)
Experience in the automotive or allied industry
Being part of Comau means working in a dynamic environment that is oriented toward innovation and multiculturalism, offers real opportunities for growth, and aims for excellence. Our people are valued for the significant difference they make in facing new challenges with imagination and ambition. Find how you can make your mark with us too.
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.