The Powertrain Driveability & Benchmarking Engineer will be a part of the powertrain drivability and benchmarking team. This individual will conduct in-vehicle assessments on all FCA automatic transmission vehicles at the Chelsea Proving Grounds. The engineer will report out results to guide powertrain calibration development in the areas of electronic throttle controls, torque map, torque filtering, shift patterns, torque converter and shift quality, along with engine start/stop and idle control. The Powertrain Driveability & Benchmarking Engineer will review data with calibration engineers to address short comings based on subjective and objective metrics. The engineer will recommend calibration strategies based on competitive benchmarking data. The engineer will gain valuable experience utilizing advance calibration equipment and tools such as ETAS/INCA , AVL, and Matlab. Engineer will learn to update both engine and transmission software, debug cars, and gain an understanding of shift controls and interactive features between the engine and transmission.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive engineering
- Experience working with Powertrain in an engineering capacity
- Experience analyzing data and forming conclusions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience with drivability testing/Formula SAE
- Powertrain Calibration experience
- Experience with ETAS/INCA
- Experience with AVL drive and/or Matlab
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.