Automated Driving Functional Safety Specialist
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Research & Development
Date Posted: May 10, 2019
Brand: FCA Group
Share this job
The emerging industry standard ISO 26262 on functional safety asks for the development of high-level functional safety monitoring strategies to be implemented in the EE components to mitigate the risks caused by failures.
The candidate will be trained on this new engineering discipline by the actual functional safety managers present in the EE organization and since from the beginning will participate with the functional safety engineers in defining functional and technical safety requirements for the new vehicle features in areas such as driver assistance systems, vehicle dynamics control, active and passive safety systems.
As soon the level of proficiency will be deemed adequate the candidate will develop functional safety analyses. In detail he will:
– contribute towards the processes updating (in order to adapt the international safety standards to the company characteristics)
– maintain forms and templates to be used during safety analysis (PHA, HA&RA, …);
– qualify the suitability of specific tools;
– evaluate completeness of suppliers safety reports
– point out critical issues with or any infringements of the applicable requirements of ISO26262 and identify the actions needed to meet the ISO26262 requirements associated with the assigned integrity level of the system and the relevant safety concept
– update the safety case;
- Work experience: 1 – 3 years
- Education: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, Electronics and Telecommunications or equivalent
- Basic Automotive Electronics know-how
- Optimal knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work in multi-cultural teams
- Strong communication skills in writing and presenting
- Good self-organization and analytical skills
- Proficiency in English
- Optional Requirements
- Working knowledge of Road Vehicles Functional Safety standard ISO 26262 or similar Functional Safety standards (e.g. IEC EN 61508, ISO 13849, US RTCA DO-178B, US RTCA DO-254, IEC EN 62304, etc.)
- Good knowledge of the reliability prediction models for electronics components (FIDES 2009, IEC TR 62380, MIL… etc.)
- Good understanding of Reliability discipline and solid understanding of electronics (ideally: automotive electronics)
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.