The Seat Belt Design Release Engineer (DRE) is responsible for the design, development and release of the complete seat belt system to support global FCA vehicle programs.
Assignments include working with suppliers and other cross-functional areas to design, develop and release seat belt components and systems. This will include writing source packages, specifications, change notices and overall supplier management to meet program timing and deliverables. The Engineer will follow, track, root cause and manage to resolution issues found during development along with build issues found during pre-production and production launch builds.
The Seat Belt DRE is expected to manage the development of the passive safety restraint requirements of the seat belt. The chosen candidate will work with other FCA engineering organizations to package and develop the complete restraint system. The DRE will interface with purchasing, product design office, manufacturing and supply base groups to achieve program objectives. The Seat Belt DRE is responsible for the review of test data and best practices to meet program requirements, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS), ECE and other global certifications.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent)
- 5 years of experience in engineering design and development, from concept through launch, with seat belt and/or interior engineering
- 2 years of experience in seat belt or restraint engineering design and development
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills required
- Demonstrated experiences with industry practices for seat belt and regulatory requirements
- Good communication, problem solving, computer and presentation skills
- FMVSS or homologation testing and certification experience
- 5 years of experience with restraint design and integration
- Experience with NX / Teamcenter CAD software
- Familiar with PFMEA, DFMEA, DVP&R, FEA and CAE impact analysis tools
- Experience using proactive quality tools (Design for Six Sigma)
- Experience using reactive quality tools (Kepner-Tregoe / Shainin)
- DFSS Green Belt or Black Belt
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.