The Brake NVH Engineer job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interface with product engineering and development engineering groups to determine appropriate countermeasures for brake noise
- Interface with suppliers to collaborate on the best methods and tools to provide robust brake noise solutions
- Improve the core competence of the brake engineering group in the resolution of noise issues
- Identify the appropriate tools and equipment needed to establish best practices for noise solutions and lead harmonization activities to implement these best practices
- Build the appropriate brake noise models to aid in the resolution of noise issues
- Complete Operating Deflection Shape (ODS) measurements on dynamometer; establish correlation to the model and make recommendations for improving specific noise issues
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Automotive or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or ABET equivalent
- 3 years of brake engineering experience
- 2 years of NVH experience
- Aptitude for noise engineering demonstrated by work experience or academic projects
- Experience with typical noise/vibration measurement equipment and analysis techniques (ADAMS, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, LMS TestLab, ODS measurements, Accelerometer data collection)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to interface with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Green Belt / Black Belt certification
- 2 years of experience in brake noise development and validation
- Proficiency in engineering disciplines, such as DVPR, DFMEA, etc.
- Proficiency in noise modelling and data collection with a proven track record of solving brake noise issues
- Formal training/experience in problem solving, quality and reliability
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Green belt / Black Belt certification
- Experience in manufacturing of brake components and vehicle assembly
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.