Mechanical Designer BIW Systems – New Electric Vehicle Manufacturer
Área de Carreira: Engineering & Design
Categoria de Emprego: Engineering
Data de publicação: November 13, 2020
Compartilhe este trabalho
This position is responsible for preparing the mechanical process and layout design for new electric vehicle (NEV) manufacturer body in white (BIW) production systems. This position will perform site support activities related to the mechanical design of the body in white (BIW) systems and supporting the site project team.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for site support activities related to the mechanical design and commissioning of body in white systems.
- Technical support for the installation and commissioning on site.
- Create the process and layout design under supervision of Technical Leader.
- Create the 3D design and Bill of Material (BOM) according to the design planning.
- Create the 2D design according to the design planning.
- Support Technical Leader to fulfill the project target and give helpful suggestion during design.
- Create pneumatic solution including drawing, material list, installation support etc. independently.
- Welding cool water solution.
- Cycle time file preparation which act as the interface for the electrical control team to provide the actuator/part present layout and the detailed sequence of each station.
- Optimize layout with the cooperation and communication with Simulation, 3D, Pneumatic, and Controls.
- Prepare Technical Agreement (TA) and release Request for Quote (RFQ) for vendor of equipment installation, steel structure, illumination, ventilation, water, air and power connection, sealing, and roller door.
- Provide foundation layout for site installation.
- Finish layout documentation, such as Management of Time Matter (MTM), T-plan, Robot extraction strategy.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to: Mechanical Project Engineer
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Catia V5
- Strong mechanical design knowledge of BIW systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving skills of BIW systems
- At least 5 years of experience related to mechanical design in BIW automated production systems.
- Experience in mechanical design site support of BIW systems.
- Initial assignment beginning in Austin, TX. Ability to travel 80% – 90%
- Associates degree in Mechanical Design Engineering or Technology; or equivalent experience
- Previous experience on New Electric Vehicle (NEV) Car Manufacturer Body-in-White (BIW) projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Design Engineering or Technology
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Nossos benefícios refletem o compromisso da FCA em ajudá-lo a alcançar seus objetivos pessoais e profissionais. Além de um ambiente que promove o desenvolvimento profissional, oferecemos benefícios para um estilo de vida saudável e um futuro prazeroso, projetado para tomar conta de você e da sua família, nos diversos estágios da vida. Como uma empresa global, nosso pacote para os funcionários irá variar por país, normas tradicionais e pessoa jurídica pela qual você for contratado.