Controls Project Engineer
Aree professionali: Engineering & Design
Data di pubblicazione: November 9, 2020
Condividi questo lavoro
The Controls Project Engineer will be responsible for designs and commissioning systems of electrical and fluid controls for a variety of applications including welder robots, assembly, conveyance and transfer systems at a project level. They will apply industry knowledge and experience to manage projects from quoting phase to commissioning while utilizing planning, resource and task management skills. This person may be responsible for multiple projects at any given time which requires professionalism, the ability to lead and make autonomous decisions based on project requirements.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Understands customer specifications (corporate and plant), standards, and local and/or national electric codes for use in designing hardware schematics and software programs.
- Estimates content and labor costs for proposals and engineering change quotes.
- Works with Project Planner during P3 phase to create project timeline for controls tasks from critical project milestones provided by project management.
- Analyzes scope of work during P3 phase to develop manpower plan required to complete project within time constraints defined in project timeline. Manpower plan must include time-phased resource labor type requirements with total labor cost projections.
- Requests necessary resources to establish design and debug / commissioning team from Controls Engineering Manager.
- Coordinates and delegates work assignments for design team members throughout design phase.
- Tracks and reports on project status.
- Interfaces with customer to finalize design requirements, reviews, and approvals throughout design phase.
- Coordinates with PM and/or Site Installation Manager on build / integration / commissioning plan.
- Coordinates work assignments for debug / commissioning team members. This task may be delegated to an Automation Engineer.
- Updates Controls Manager (Planning) with manpower / cost projections as changes occur.
- Takes on dual role as Controls Senior Designer and/or Automation Engineer on smaller projects
- Works as a Controls Senior Designer and/or Automation Engineer when not assigned any projects as Controls Project Engineer.
- Other duties as required.
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Project planning
- Team management
- Budget management
- Good organizational & Communication skills
- 5+ years Automation experience (with degree), or
- 10+ years Automation experience (without degree)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or Electronics Technology, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Battery Assy process knowledge
- Rotor Assy process knowledge
- Chinese Language skills
- 3+ years Automotive experience
- 1+ years Battery Assy experience
- 1+ years Rotor Assy experience
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Il nostro programma di total reward riflette il nostro impegno nell’aiutarti a raggiungere qualsiasi traguardo possibile, sia a livello personale che professionale. La nostra priorità è quella di fornire gli strumenti necessari per avere una carriera soddisfacente, uno stile di vita salutare e un futuro migliore. Essendo un’azienda globale, i nostri pacchetti per dipendenti possono variare in base al paese, alle consuetudini locali e alla specifica società presso la quale sei assunto.