At FCA, you will have the chance to roll-up your sleeves and apply your classroom knowledge in a global business and manufacturing environment. You will be encouraged to take on responsibilities that will enhance your skills in leadership, problem-solving and communications. You will have many networking, mentoring and community service opportunities and most importantly, you’ll gain a real competitive edge.
Human Resources interns are assigned real-world roles providing them exposure to all levels of our human resources team. While in their assignment, Interns will have the opportunity to rotate through the functional areas of manufacturing HR as well as work in a team project with other HR Interns.
The functional areas in our facilities are:
- People development as a component of LEAN manufacturing
- Labor relations
- Contract administration with the represented workforce
- Salary talent management
Additional opportunities will be available to learn about our corporate labor relations team as well as our human resources operations team who use a shared services approach to deliver foundational HR support to HR teams across the organization.
Internships are primarily located at manufacturing locations in the Detroit Metropolitan area, although some are located at the FCA US Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan and other manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Indiana and Illinois.
- Completion of junior year (undergraduate) or first year of a Master’s program by summer 2020
- Enrolled in or completed a degree program in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business
- Administration or related field
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment
- Willingness to relocate for internship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of employees from hourly to executive
- Ability to work as part of a team
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work any shift
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired