The Powertrain Calibration Engineer — DoE and Virtual Methods is responsible for developing, testing, and validating powertrain calibrations that achieve world-class fuel economy, and drivability meeting current and future emission standards. The Engineer will plan and coordinate day to day activities of dynamometers, vehicles, and virtual model datasets. This will include interaction with technicians and support engineers. Evaluations will occur with new powertrain technologies for future and carry over applications. The Engineer will analyze and solve complex system problems as they relate to propulsion system performance, fuel consumption, emissions, and combustion development. The Engineer will manipulate and utilize large and complex sets of engine mapping data to construct DoE models pertaining to the performance of the powertrain. The Engineer will also actively participate in the decision process of powertrain hardware selection and controls development requirements to meet functional objectives for each powertrain.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics from an accredited university
- Understanding of gasoline engine efficiency, performance, emissions
- Experience within area of vehicle-based calibration testing, data collection and processing
- Exposure to using DoE, 1-D engine simulation, or Neural Networks to generate powertrain calibrations
- Experience using DoE based calibration tools such as MATLAB MBC/Cage, ASCMO, EasyDoE, or Cameo
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Good teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Database management of production calibrations
- Calibration process knowledge using design of experiments and advanced optimization techniques
- Proficient in MATLAB / Simulink
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.