The Electrified Powertrain Controls Engineer will work within a team of powertrain controls, calibrations and integration engineers to develop electrified powertrain systems for current and next-generation electrified powertrains for FCA vehicles. The overall goal for the team is to develop a complete electrified powertrain that meets the vehicle functional requirements for fuel economy, emissions, drivability, and diagnostics. The ideal candidate, who must be a strong team player and willing to work in a fast paced environment, will be involved in developing controls strategies related to strategic optimization of engine speed, gear, powertrain state, engine torque optimization, and tactical torque controls for drivability management, brake regeneration controls and hybrid shift execution strategies. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in modeling of mechanical transmission systems and be familiar with using lever analogy principles for determining dynamic torque and speed relations used extensively across hybrid torque controls.
- Masters in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 5 Years of automotive experience
- Specialization in classical and modern control disciplines with vehicle application
- Embedded software experience
- Experience with model-based development tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools such as ETAS-INCA
- Demonstrated technical problem solving
- Strong overall knowledge of vehicle and powertrain functions
- Experience with modeling, simulation, development, testing, calibration and/or validation
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university with 5+ years’ experience
- Specialization in hybrid torque control disciplines
- Knowledge of powertrain control system architecture/best practices
- Demonstrated application of technical excellence
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.