The primary focus of the Powertrain Test Lab Supervisor will be to manage daily operations of the lab and supervise of the UAW salaried bargaining unit employees. The Lab Supervisor responsibilities include but are not limited to workplace organization, prioritization of workload, safety inspections, organizing training requirements, and interfacing with powertrain groups, other labs, and business partners to ensure clarity of work to perform is provided to the lab mechanics. The Supervisor will manage the operation for safety, quality of work, efficiency, and cost. The Supervisor will communicate with Product Engineering teams concerning testing requirements and priorities to ensure product timing is met. The Supervisor will lead the lab WCM initiatives and reviews.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited university or equivalent
- A minimum 3 years of working in an automotive environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, working on multiple jobs/programs at once
- Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict and set or rearrange priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethics and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google G-Suite and/or MS Office applications including spreadsheets
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline from an ABET accredited university or equivalent
- A minimum 3 years of experience working in an automotive axle and/or driveline engineering environment
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience with the supervision of UAW employees
- WCM safety and/or workplace organization
- Experience in engine build & repair
- Knowledge of PDS, SharePoint and FCA mainframe applications
- Knowledge and background with dyno testing, either engine, transmission or axles
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.