The Value Optimization Analyst is responsible for planning, validating and implementing cost reduction ideas to meet the System Responsible Value Optimization Savings targets by commodity area. The selected candidate will work with engineers, suppliers, vehicle integration, purchasing, quality, finance, brand, PDO etc. on thorough evaluation, validation and presentation of recommended ideas and their associated business cases.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support SR (System Responsible) to forecast and summarize overall department savings including pipeline potential.
- Facilitate cost savings idea generation activities and organize ideas for vehicle level proposals.
- Partner with PR (program responsible), PC (Project Chief) and VO-M (Value Optimization Manager) for approval and timely implementation of value optimization idea.
A key to this position is an understanding and adherence to key product development processes and an understanding of competitive products from a benchmarking, read across and best practice perspective. This position reports to the NAFTA Value Optimization Responsible Executive, Business Manager, and Unit Responsible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting, Finance or related degree
- 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Cost reduction or value optimization experience
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams, e.g. PDO, vehicle line quality, supplier quality, manufacturing, finance, vehicle integration, purchasing, brand, planning, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter that is highly motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to present cost savings ideas/business cases to senior management
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Design and development engineering experience
- Knowledge of Shainin Red X or other reactive quality tools
- Knowledge in Design for Six Sigma or other proactive quality tools
- Experience with lean product development
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.