Powertrain Machining Project Manager
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Project Management & Site Management
Date Posted: June 29, 2020
Share this job
The Project Manager Powertrain, Metalcutting and Machining BU will be responsible for managing all aspects of a project, to meet profitability and financial targets, delivering products and services in line with customer needs within timely expectations, and the long-term success of the organization. The Project Manager will manage project teams consisting of cross-functional team members; defines and communicates clear project deliverables and performance targets; manages all aspects of customer relationships and ensure overall satisfaction to the contractual deliverable. The role manages with the project team the completion of activities to assure quality, profitability and timing targets of the project.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for profitability, timing and quality of projects
- Evaluate and completely understand contractual deliverables within content and contractual obligation
- Ability to build the project work breakdown structure, to ensure that the project includes all the work required to complete the project successfully
- Develop Engineering Changes (ECs) with clear cost, delivery impact, and expiration date
- Negotiate ECs securing customer concurrence in cost scope and delivery
- Communicate and facilitate project budget forecast updates with accurate estimate to complete based on scope of work changes and optimizing project execution improvements
- Ability to formulate a detailed execution-timing plan, including critical path timing, mitigation timing plans, with constant updating, improvement, and follow-up
- Identify risk and opportunities, develop risk mitigation plans and actions plans to realize opportunities
- Manage all customer communication and pursue customer satisfaction
- Facilitate and develop a productive and cohesive project team and manage conflict resolution
- Manage project teams consisting of cross-functional team members including Engineering, Manufacturing and Site Management and other team members, for an effective management of the customer technical reviews, buyoffs, procurement process and site activities
- Manage accounts receivable totals related to the project and minimize overdue
- Monitor project activities for compliance to align with company policies and processes
- Manage and maintain master project documentation or project binder in real time
- Other duties as required
Reports to: Platform or Program Manager
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- High School diploma, GED or the equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years Project Management experience in automotive Powertrain Assembly System Automation
- Experience using an ERP system for financial, manufacturing and budget management of projects
- Microsoft Office or Google Suite
- Experience using SAP tools
- Knowledge of customer products and processes
- Knowledge of financial, economic, contract, legal and operational aspects of projects
- Strong interpersonal skills through communication, presentation and negotiation
- Ability and willingness to participate in on-going professional educational opportunities on project management which is managed by the Comau Project Management Academy, certified as a Registered Education Provider by the PMI® in order to prepare and/or maintain PMP certification
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, (20-40%) passport must be in good standing
- Bachelor’s degree Business/Engineering or technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience in automotive Powertrain Assembly System automation
- PMP Certification
- Experience with CNC machining
- Project Management experience leading multi-cultural project teams
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Understand projects including, financial, economic, contract, legal and operational aspects
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks effectively in a high-pressure environment
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.