Senior Hardware Designer
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Engineering
Date Posted: June 29, 2020
Share this job
We are searching for a highly motivated and talented Sr. Controls Software Engineer for our Machining Engineering department.
As the Sr. Controls Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to start a project at the beginning and follow it through final customer acceptance. This position is responsible for producing a quality design on schedule, getting customer acceptance, and assisting as required while the machine is being built and debugged.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
We are looking for experienced candidates who will:
- Utilize existing customer and internal standards as well as references from previous projects to develop and customize specific project application.
- Coordinate and review with Technical Leaders, Automation Engineers, and colleagues to maintain consistency within a given project.
- Research, develop, and document software interfaces.
- Lay out software structure and writes logic for machine controls and system interfaces
- Design Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens.
- Check software programs for errors.
- Provide debugging support for intermediate to complex machine applications.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to: PWT Machining Engineering Manager
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Associate Degree – Electrical / Computer Engineering or Electronics Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in designing controls hardware, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possible travels (0-20%) for meetings
- Experience in fluids and pneumatic design preferred
- Efficient in 2D AutoCad and Eplan
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Demonstrated experience in understanding and following customer specifications
- Competence with various PLC (mainly Siemens and AB), HMI, and software development platforms.
- Working knowledge of systems, networks, and database applications.
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.