Proposal Application Engineer – Propulsion & Powertrain Assembly
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Proposals & Estimating
Date Posted: July 13, 2020
Share this job
The Proposal Leader will be responsible for all deliverables required to tender an offer to our customers. The Proposal Team Leader will process and content an opportunity, in addition to collaborating with a team of relevant specialists from Sales, Project Management, Engineering, Site Management and Estimating to create a technical proposal which is efficient and competitive in today’s marketplace.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Lead Comau’s participation in line-up meetings with customers and analyze requests for quote.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing proposals while conducting milestone meetings in compliance with processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Comau Sales, Operations and Customer during proposal phase to define the most competitive and effective solutions.
- Assess a customer’s specification package for correct application of commercial components and desired manufacturing process parameters.
- Lead and conduct Process Engineering of automated and manual assembly systems that require one or any combination of technologies used in modern manufacturing systems. (ie: fastening, resistance welding, laser welding, adhesives and sealers, general assembly, suspension, engine assembly, transmission assembly, battery assembly, electric motor, etc.).
- Utilize man/machine cycle time charts to evaluate and verify systems to ensure process capability.
- Assess and compile tooling and equipment content.
- In conjunction with Sales present the technical proposal to the customer.
- Mentor Proposal team members.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to: Role will report directly to Commercial Platform Director and will collaborate closely with Sales, Engineering and Project Management.
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic CAD skills and the ability to develop system layouts and process flows.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite tools.
- Minimum of 7 years of propulsion and or Powertrain Assembly automation system experience in process engineering, and/or processing and proposal development.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical field
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically (0 — 20%)
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A working knowledge of 3D CAD for reviewing customer parts
- Experience leading teams in Proposals, Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing, or related discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical field
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.