Senior Control Project Engineer
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Engineering
Date Posted: July 23, 2020
Share this job
You will collaborate closely with Project Management, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing and Commissioning while leading control hardware and software design project teams at the project level.
You will develop technical specifications, planning, and resource management to direct and monitor the progress of the team in achieving the timing, quality and cost targets for the project. As our Project Engineer you will oversee multiple projects involving multi country team players to deliver our customer the customized production system they look for including Machining center, handling, floor automation and ancillaries.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Develop control design project plans according to project requirements.
- Engage with the customer to finalize design requirements, reviews and approvals throughout design phase.
- Oversee and coordinate engineering direction in accordance with Project requirements and specifications.
- Manage content and labor costs for engineering.
- Plan, coordinate and assign work for design team members throughout design phase. Track and report on project status.
- Coordinate with the Mechanical Leader, Project Manager, Manufacturing Leader and Site Supervisor all along project life.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Intermediate skills in AutoCad and Eplan experience.
- 3 years of leading control design project teams.
- Deep knowledge of controls automation concepts.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the NAFTA region (10-30%) and to EU a few times per year.
- Customer oriented mindset, a high level of professionalism; self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing controls hardware, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor or Associate Degree – Electrical / Computer Engineering or Electronics Technology
- Knowledge of Siemens 840 D
- 3 years’ experience with CNC machining centers
- 3 years’ experience with machining lines for powertrain
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.