What you will do:
- Provide on-site support at program supplier locations and FCA assembly plants as required.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are selected.
- Drive Quality First methodology into the supplier sourcing process to ensure most capable suppliers are chosen for our programs.
- Drive change within both plant manufacturing and component suppliers to resolve component issues, drive warranty reduction, and oversee continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure component suppliers’ processes are robust and capable and meet capacity (run rate) projections.
- Manage key component quality milestones
- Lead problem-solving activities with internal and external organizations.
- Develop and present program status updates and articulate open issues to senior leadership
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering from an ABET program or equivalent. Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical, Biomedical, Biomechanical, Bioengineering, Chemical, Materials, Metallurgical, or Mechatronics may also be considered.
- 5 years of work experience in quality, engineering, production, manufacturing, or related field
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Knowledgeable in GD&T, APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, World Class Manufacturing
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office / Google Suite
- Creative problem-solving ability and results orientated
- Understanding and use of structured problem-solving techniques, SPC, and data interpretation
- Ability to travel within Michigan and bordering state regional area 20-40% of the time depending on the stage of the program or state of the supplier relationship
- Ability to travel to suppliers and other FCA locations in the U.S. and Canada
- Master’s degree
- Comfortable with complex technical analysis
- Green Belt or Black Belt skills
- Quality certification
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.