Programmable Logic Controller Technician
Career Area: Manufacturing & Production
Job Category: Manufacturing
Date Posted: January 13, 2021
Share this job
Responsible for the electrical startup and commissioning of controls for a variety of applications including metal cutting CNCs, Ancillaries, Gantry System, Laser.
Has specialized training either formal or through on-the-job work experience. Has extensive technical knowledge gained through customer and project experience.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Understands customer specifications (corporate and plant) and Comau standards required to commission systems.
- Responsible for the start-up and testing of electrical controls (input/output).
- Responsible for loading software on controls network and PLC modules.
- Responsible for commissioning Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens and interface.
- Utilizes existing customer and internal standards as well as references from previous projects to develop and customize all required application specific software (i.e. PLC ladder logic, HMI files).
- Coordinate and review with Technical Leaders, colleagues to maintain consistency within a given project.
- Checks hardware schematics and software programs for errors. Make necessary software or hardware modifications as required, within the Comau change process guidelines.
- Works within the scope definition and timing (due date) requirements.
- Performs troubleshooting and debugging for intermediate to complex machine applications.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to: Commissioning Director
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Electrical Drive System application knowledge
- PLC system application knowledge for machining, assembly, and/or test systems
- E-Plan & STEP-7 software operation
- Interpret Mechanical/Fluidic assembly drawings
- Interpret Electrical drawings
- Electrical/control parameter setup for various applications (M/C, Assembly, and/or Test)
- Fluidic components installation
- Electrical components/cable connection and troubleshooting
- Ability to travel extensively
- Experience with Siemens Step 7
- Experience with Siemens 840D
- Experience with CNCs in general
- Experience with Gantry system and automation in general
- Experience on leading installation
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.