This Management role will guarantee the development of projects and processes within the electrical, electronics and software area and team with the relevant Infotainment/Connectivity SW Factory development, consistently with the performance, quality, timing, stability and cost targets assigned. The Manager will also contribute to the deployment of the innovation plan to secure next product generation.
- Support the System Responsible and Unit Responsible in the EE projects related to Infotainment/Connectivity Software Factory
- Build and manage the team increasing competences to support the SW Development- Manage co-design suppliers and partners during all phases of the programs
- Able to generate specifications to partners, suppliers and validation team
- Contribute to generate Connectivity Innovation Plan and solutions for new programs (components, architectures, technologies)
- Provide technical leadership for advanced technology development
- Maintain department relations with other internal units, other FCA regions and external organizations, manage and develop dependencies, in order to deliver best in class premium product performances, in all markets all over the world
- Manage the design of systems/subsystems to implement the required functionalities with respect to the application requirements and constraints to guarantee performances, quality, and cost targets
- Able to contribute Engineering needs for budgets, planning, hiring, insourcing/outsourcing activities- Define best in class and cutting-edge technical solutions consistently with Project targets (timing, costs, standards, perimeters) and technological processes
- Develop & release key performance Indicator (KPI) specifications and competitive KPI benchmarking- Support releases of standards, norms for development and production
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Materials /Chemical/ Civil/ Aerospace/Computer/Computer Science or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- Electrical electronic related product/vehicle development experience involving the infotainment and telematics area
- In-depth Working knowledge of infotainment and telematics features audio, video, navigation, hands free phone, voice recognition) and interfaces (audio, video, Bluetooth (BT) and Wi-Fi, cellular, GPS/GNSS)
- Working knowledge of Controller Area Network (CAN), Local Interconnect Network (LIN), Universal Serial Bus (USB), Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) and Ethernet communication networks
- In-depth Working knowledge of SW Factory process using C++ or JAVA/Kotlin languages
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) process
- Knowledge of with Cybersecurity principles
- Knowledge of Automotive Infotainment systems: operating systems, I/O hw protocols, flashing, diagnostic procedures
- Knowledge of technologies and solutions (HW, SW) in use today in Infotainment/Connectivity Systems, and of the roadmap for the development of automotive electronic systems.
- Knowledge of Electrical Instruments & Tools
- Language skills: English Upper-Intermediate
- Willingness to travel globally
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Leading engineering teams
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.