The eMotors & EDM Design Validation Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not are limited to specifying, designing, developing and releasing DVP&R for electric motors/Electric Drive Modules of Electric Vehicle (EV), Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) vehicle applications.
The eMotors & EDM Design Validation Engineer will work with DRE and with FCA suppliers (through Development Phases (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Product intent)) and with FCA cross-functional teams (Chief Engineers, architecture, purchasing, platform managers, program managers, and quality engineers) to ensure the performance and durability of the product till the successful launch.
The eMotors & EDM Design Validation Engineer will be responsible to:
- develop test standards, testing protocols & procedures, and document test results
- plan, coordinate and lead execution with supplier of the validation plan for Design Validation, Process Validation and type approval
- develop and employ accelerated test methods and test-to-failure techniques supporting an aggressive vehicle development schedule
- develop application specific durability tests based on vehicle usage information and defined vehicle drive profiles to demonstrate reliability targets
- ensure part & bench/lab readiness for testing needs, including fixturing
- lead failure analysis activities and ensure corrective actions are verified
- manage eDrive validation scheduling and overall project management responsibility
- be a key contributor for DFMEA activities
- work closely with the Engineer in developing component and system requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or a closely related engineering degree from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum THREE (3) years of experience related to Design FMEA, test and validation, preferably on electric machines
- Experience with automotive validation testing and methods including EMC, random vibration, mechanical shock, thermal cycling, humidity, corrosion, and water spray
- Experience with automotive regulatory, environmental, reliability, and safety requirements is a plus. SAE, IEC, ISO, Chinese standards
- Initial experience in working with international suppliers
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals (planning/reporting)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree or PhD degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, or a closely related engineering degree from an ABET accredited university
- Hands on experience in testing of electric motors
- Knowledge in electrified propulsion powertrain systems
- Knowledge in control of Electric Motors
- Knowledge in power electronics
- Experienced in designing, validating, and manufacturing of Electric Drives for Automotive applications
- Experienced in sizing (specification and performance) and testing of Electric Motors/Drives
- Ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.