The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager position is responsible for leading a team of environment, health and safety specialists whose primary duties are ensuring the health and safety of employees and the protection of the environment and property.
In addition, the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager position serves as the key advisor to plant management on the implementation and management of health, safety and environmental initiatives designed to promote and achieve World Class Manufacturing status.
The Plant Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will report to the Division Lead in the Corporate EHS Staff.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Direct and implement environment, health and safety processes designed to improve key performance metrics
- Ensure compliance to federal, provincial and local regulations, and corporate policies and procedures
- Lead the WCM Safety and Environment Pillars
- Direct and implement standardized EHS assessments and programs to address needed training
- Audit EHS processes and provide necessary follow up to ensure compliance
- Oversee root cause analysis of safety and environmental incidents/accidents and facilitate implementation of corrective action measures
- Oversee requirements for new equipment programs with engineering/facilities
- Lead implementation/integration of ergonomic processes
- Manage the timely submission of documentation, reports, permit applications, inventories and surveys to appropriate government and regulatory agencies
- Coordinate communication of EHS regulatory activity with plant and corporate leadership
- Direct the implementation and sustainment of ISO 14001 (EMS) and ISO 45001
- Support all shifts and work additional hours as required
FCA Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs due to disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Minimum EIGHT (8) years Safety, Environmental, Engineering or related experience
- Strong understanding and application of federal, provincial and local environmental and safety regulations and requirements
- Effective written and verbal communication, excellent presentation skills
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and /or other software applications
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Environmental or safety professional certification (e.g. PE, P. Eng., CSP, CHMM)
- Automotive or manufacturing experience
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.