At Stellantis, we are committed to set the highest standard levels for electric vehicle research and development and want to empower you to bring your best. That is why we strive to create an environment where our core values of Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Cooperation, and Responsibility can thrive. At Stellantis, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with people who exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit, and work together globally as a team to continually think bigger, and bolder.
The Power Electronics Technical Specialist – Sensors will be responsible for defining the appropriate sensor technology for each powertrain electronic architecture and component design. This position will support all engineering activities related to Sensors for Power Electronic and Controller designs specific to the Electrified Vehicle application. This position will create a sensor technology roadmap and entails working with sensor suppliers to ensure corporate requirements and specifications, as well as industry best practice design features and processes are implemented for manufacturing, assembly, reliability, etc.
This position involves the validation of supplier’s component design, to ensure the compatibility with the Stellantis requirement. This position plays a major role in the functional specification requirements of electronic components in the source package and is involved actively during the development phase of the power electronics and vehicle level testing as the sensor technical expert of the components.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of documentation outlining best practices for validation supporting Stellantis internal continuous improvement initiatives and the development of product technology roadmaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum FIVE (5) years of hands-on experience with design and validation of sensors supporting power electronic applications, e.g., Current, Voltage, Position, Pressure, and Temperature sensors (specifically within an automotive context)
- Minimum FIVE (5) years of experience in system in electronics, and integration of sensors
- Working level knowledge of DVP&R and DFMEA. Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interface professionally with key customers, cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to manage multiple responsibilities, one’s own time while being mindful of deadlines, must be task oriented, detail oriented, and accurate with work
- Understanding of system requirements and standards specific to NAFTA, EMEA and APAC markets
- Thorough understanding of power electronics components/systems development process from concept through launch
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of electric motor design and performance evaluations
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design, fabrication and manufacturing knowledge
- Ability to understand and evaluate circuit schematics analog circuits performances
- Knowledge of functional safety requirements
- Experience in PCB Layout and EMC considerations
- Knowledge in DFSS methodologies
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.