repair on all equipment within the powerhouse except for new installations, mechanical and electrical.
Boiler Operators will operate and maintain steam boilers or hot water generators and associated
equipment, including compressors, cooling towers, pumps, fans. Boiler Operators will also perform all
other work related to their trade as may be required on utility assets equipment as directed by the
supervisor or their designee (shift engineer).
The Boiler Operators duties will include but not be limited to:
- The safe operation and routine maintenance on all powerhouse utilities production equipment and
related systems including steam boilers, hot water generators, compressors, cooling towers, water treatment equipment and other support systems and ancillary equipment
- Operating powerhouse equipment to meet the day-to-day energy demands of the Stellantis
manufacturing facility including the production of steam and compressed air at the quantities and
specifications required by the manufacturing facility
- The monitoring of operating parameters and recording operating data, including production rates,
fuel usage, electrical usage, pressures, temperatures, vibration indications, alarms and other
pertinent information related to the safe operation of the powerhouse equipment
- Required to promptly notify the USM or designee (shift engineer) of any unusual, abnormal or
potentially unsafe operating conditions and to take action to mitigate any potentially unsafe
condition or condition that if otherwise not corrected could result in out of specification energy
- The operation of all cooling towers and heat exchangers that support the operation of equipment
within the powerhouse
- The operation and routine maintenance associated with water treatment equipment for boilers,
cooling towers, weld water systems and hot and cold water closed loops including the routine
monitoring of water quality, the addition of water treatment chemicals to ensure the required water quality and the performance of routine maintenance of water treatment equipment including changing filters, adding salt to softeners, etc.
- The de-energization (lock-out/tag-out) of all equipment within the powerhouse that is required to
allow the safe performance of maintenance on such equipment
- Perform routine maintenance on all powerhouse equipment, including predictive, preventive, and
minor corrective maintenance
- Assist contractors with work that is beyond the capability of the Boiler Operator, including tasks such as protective device calibration, etc.
- Record and document all maintenance activities that are performed on powerhouse equipment
including, utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to electronically
document information and historical data
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts including, belts, hoses, seals, lubricants, sensing devices, gauges, etc. as may be related to their trade in a designated storage area within the powerhouse
- Troubleshoot and correct problems related to the proper monitoring, control and operation of
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area ensuring that the area is left in an unobstructed and safe
condition following the completion of the job
- Perform work and conduct activities as directed by the supervisor or designee (shift engineer) within their assigned area that pertains to energy conservation, including the repair of leaks, the timely turn down of lighting and other machinery, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 4 years of combined experience and training in central energy plant operations, including at least 4 years of operating centralized steam and compressed air systems of comparable sizes to those at the plant in question
- High Pressure Boiler Operator License
- 3rd class Refrigeration License
- Ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to work any shift and work some overtime,
including daily, weekend and holidays
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A First Class Steam license
- A First Class Refrigeration license
- Knowledge of G-Suite
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.