Embedded Software Engineer – Base Software Engineering
Career Area: Engineering & Design
Job Category: Product Design & Engineering-Engineering
Position Type: Salary
Date Posted: May 13, 2022
Brand: FCA Group
Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to create something new and original.
At Stellantis, we’re breaking with the past and launching a new software organization built from the ground up. The Stellantis Software organization (SWX) was established in 2021 and brings an entirely new vision to the driving experience. Our mission is to design the most captivating experiences in Mobility, bringing “tomorrow’s” tech innovations closer to today, everyday. If you’re ready to help lead this automotive technology transformation, we want to hear from you. Visit https://careers.fcagroup.com/nextgen/ to learn more. Stellantis was founded in 2021 as the result of a merger between Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and PSA Groupe.
For more information, visit: https://www.stellantis.com/en/company/about-us
The primary duties will include the development of base-level software layers, integration with functional safety principles, configuring and developing middleware such as AUTOSAR, as well as designing and implementing software architecture (SysML and arxml) for high-end performance ECUs. The ideal candidate will possess a good understanding of modern safety-critical electronic control units embedded software development and possess an interest in state-of-the-art automated driving compute platforms and emerging computational technologies.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree field
- A minimum of 3 years of embedded software development experience in C/C++, and/or other high-level programming languages
- Familiarity with automated build and test automation systems
- Ability to interface with Tier I and Tier II automotive suppliers and partners
- Experience working with continuous integration systems and ALM tools and script automation
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting embedded software on target hardware
- Travel including international up to 20%
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface with algorithm developers, vehicle integration and validation engineering organizations
- Master of Science degree from an ABET accredited university
- 8 years of engineering experience
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum software development process
- Experience in integrating bootloaders, embedded OS, OSEK, RTOS and BSP development
- Experience with UDS, XCP and instrumented embedded control units
- Experience with Ethernet networking protocols such as 802.3, 802.1AS, TSN, and requisite transport layer formats
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.