FCA is currently searching for a talented Supplier Operations Engineer for the Engine Systems team. As a Supplier Operations Engineer (SOE) within FCA, your role is accountable for ensuring all supplied parts are robust, repeatable and conform to dimensional and performance requirements, much like a traditional Supplier Quality Engineer. Additionally, SOEs ensure operational efficiency and execution of the supply base and prepare our suppliers with the knowledge and support necessary for a flawless launch.
SOEs at FCA partner with suppliers to review manufacturing processes, develop quality systems and ensure the highest quality components will be provided for our vehicles. We strive for best-in-class quality and warranty by developing partnerships with suppliers who provide zero defects and exceed customer expectations. Our supply base, both domestic and international, is a critical component to our success, making this a highly visible role. This gives a SOE the chance to display their engineering skills and knowledge and provide a significant impact on the success of our vehicle programs.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide on-site support at program supplier locations and FCA assembly plants as required
- Work cross functionally with engineering, manufacturing, and purchasing to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are selected
- Drive Quality First methodology into the supplier sourcing process to ensure most capable suppliers are chosen for our programs
- Drive change within both plant manufacturing and component suppliers to resolve component issues, drive warranty reduction, and oversee continuous improvement efforts
- Ensure component suppliers’ processes are robust and capable and meet capacity (run rate) projections
- Manage key component quality milestones
- Lead problem solving activities with internal and external organizations
Learn more about FCA’s culture by connecting with us on social media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FCANACareers
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fcagroup/jobs/
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university; OR Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical, Biomedical/Biomechanical/Bioengineering, Chemical, Materials, Metallurgical, or Mechatronics may also be considered.
- Minimum 2.5 years of work experience in quality, supplier operations, engineering, manufacturing or a related field
- Ability to travel up to 40% within the NA region
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite software
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Internship experience within supplier quality, engineering, or a related field
- Experience and or knowledge of fuel or engine cooling systems/components a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving ability
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.